Have you sustained serious water damage? Then you know how difficult it can be to abate the problem and get rid of the water, to say nothing of the potential health consequences that arise (especially mold). Something as simple as a leaky roof can do serious damage to your home or business.
That’s why it’s so essential to obtain reliable assistance whenever you suffer any type of water damage. If you’re not sure how bad the situation is, then take advantage of our free inspection services.
- 1. Identify the Source
- – What kind of water is causing the problem? Is it clean water emanating from a washing machine, gray water like a roof leak, or black water like a sewage leak?
- – This is significant because you have to know the root cause and try to stop it. The type of water damage will affect how we approach the cleanup. Sewage water, for example, requires a greater degree of antimicrobial spraying.
- 2. Remove the Water
- – Once you identify the source, try to stop the water intrusion, as much as you can. This is possible when there’s something like a flood caused by a washing machine, which contains a shut-off valve. If you have a dehumidifier or sump pump, you can use those, provided there is a dry place for hookup. Then, proceed to step 3.
- 3. Contact Authorized Services
- – Contact us for a damage estimate. Don’t forget our services are available 24/7 in case of an emergency
- 4. Notify Your Insurance Provider
- – Once you’ve applied basic remedies, don’t forget to notify your insurance provider. Remember that if you don’t do the basic stuff, like turning off a water valve, you may forfeit some financial assistance.
- 5. We Implement a Cleanup Process
- – Then our team will formulate a plan to remove the water and restore your property. This is a very extensive process that may involve removing floorboards, drywalls, and other frameworks. We may also have to remove and replace insulation if we find mold or mildew problems.
- 6. Thoroughly Dry Everything
- – Authorized Services has plenty of heavy-duty equipment for the drying phase. This includes industrial dehumidifiers, air scrubbers, and dryers to help with this. We also utilize instruments like moisture readers and atmospheric meters to identify the worst spots and monitor progress.
- 7. Apply Antimicrobial Solutions
- – The degree to which we apply antimicrobial sprays depends on the nature and extent of the damage. Mold and other health hazards can arise from lots of standing water, especially sewage, or if there’s cross-contamination with other substances like cat litter, spilled chemicals, and so forth.
- 8. Finishing Steps
- – We always finish the process by walking through the home or commercial building with the owner to inspect and verify everything we’ve done. If you made an insurance claim, this is about the time when an adjuster would make a post-cleanup inspection as well.
Does this sound like something you need for your home or commercial property?
Then contact Authorized Services, a state-licensed water mitigation, and mold remediation business, for professional assistance. Our water mitigation services cover areas all around Sarasota, Venice, Punta Gorda, and more.
Got mold? We’re the experts! So, call us today to get rid of water or mold at 866-590-3335.